Dear Friends (old, new, and yet-to-be ♥) –
I thought I’d take a moment to add a bit of info here for the sake of those who are thinking that they’d like to give a review for one (or more) of the items that we have published.
First of all, THANK YOU for considering us! ♥ Ours is a small family business which mainly is marketed by word-of-mouth. Obviously, we also need to consider marketing options beyond that too.
Second, we recognize that a significant part of our audience that we market to for using our products could be “Mommy Bloggers” or similar. This is great except that it means that we need to set some guidelines for what we can do as a business.
1. We really can’t offer all reviewers of our products a free copy of the product. If we did, then there could be so many free products given out. You can imagine all the requests we could get for any homeschool mom who wants to write a review on her Facebook page or blog site in exchange for free curriculum. So, I know this is disappointing, but we have to say it: we cannot offer totally free products to you. (The only exceptions to this statement would be to the few of you with whom we’ve personally communicated with regarding reviewing or selling our products prior to our relaunching of this website.)
2. If we just offered it to, let’ say, the first 5 people who approach us, the reviews could get stale and perhaps would not be well seen. So that kind of idea doesn’t work for us.
3. If you have a full, public website which is specific-enough to what we (Rob and Joy Delmore) perceive to be part of our audience-base, we MAY consider offering you a discount or gift certificate for reviewing a product as a “thank you for advertising us”. We will evaluate any requests of that nature on a case-by-case basis.
4. We don’t currently do affiliate marketing. We might consider something like this in the future with those we have a business or educational relationship with. In that sense, it could be a case of “we’ll advertise you and you advertise us because we both appreciate each other’s web businesses”. Such decisions would be a result of a case-by-case personal decision for whatever reason(s), at that time.
So, please understand that if you are eager to review our curriculum and don’t fit into the “exceptions” mentioned above, you will need to purchase our curriculum at full price. You make up part of our market for our sales.
What is the easiest (and free) way to show the public you like something? Any adult, whether or not he/she has a blog, website, FB page or not, has the opportunity to submit a review on our website here or save our product images or ideas on Pinterest.
Thanks so much for your time and understanding! ♥
- Joy and Rob Delmore, owners of Peppermint Stick Learning Company Inc. (Canada)