This policy is valid from November 1, 2018. Updated July 17, 2021.
Both blog content and descriptive articles relating to education matters or personal life are on this website. All such writing is edited by Joy or Rob Delmore and owned by our business, Peppermint Stick Learning Company Inc..
The blog portion (called “Encouragemints”) of this website is a personal blog written and edited by Joy or Rob Delmore and owned by our business, Peppermint Stick Learning Company Inc.. For questions about this blog, please contact Joy or Rob Delmore.
This blog has no paid or sponsored advertising on the website itself – we don’t run paid ads. (Occasionally, there ARE affiliate links to other organizations or businesses.)
This blog and our sale of products abide by “word of mouth” marketing standards. We believe in old-fashioned honesty, freedom of opinion and identity. If we recommend a product or another helpful website, we will clearly identify it as one of the following:
- A product that Rob or Joy has written or one of our family members has written. In most cases, this also means that it is a product that we sell and thus, we would get money from selling it or
- A product or helpful website that we or trusted friends have previewed and can stand behind in vouching for its helpfulness. In many cases, we would also sell such a product from our website (or in-person) and thus, we would get money from selling it. In some cases, it would be a product that we have offered for sale in the past but may have been since discontinued by us for our current product-line. In that case, we will have also received money for selling it or would receive money for selling it if the item is in our clearance/discontinued category or
- A product or helpful website that we simply recommend without any compensation for doing so or
- A product or an event which we think is also a great suggestion in the life of a homeschooling family and decided to become an affiliate for that product or event or company. Affiliate links will be clearly marked and if you click on an affiliate link, it leads out of our website with “cookies” which are for the purpose of providing us a commission-based earning IF you also choose to purchase that product or event within a set period of time.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. Any health-related comments (e.g. in our blog about EMF/MCS, a personal journey) are not intended as official medical advice since we do not have medical qualifications; this blogging is anecdotal in nature.
If you wish to reprint an article or blog from this website in a homeschool association or children’s ministry newsletter (or similar), you may do so for free under the following conditions:
- You need to use the entire piece of writing, without alterations, without abridging the content. (This insures that we are not misquoted.) If you wish to summarize it, we need to approve the summary first.
- You need to link back to the page where you found it on our website. (This is practicing good reference skills in avoiding plagiarism.)
- Please let us know what you are using from our website by providing us (Rob and Joy Delmore) with an e-copy or printed copy of the newsletter it is reprinted in. (This is being courteous and treating people the way that you would likely want to be treated.)
- You may reprint the text but not the graphics. The graphics may be under copyright for which we have obtained permission to use on our website alone. Again, you may reprint the text of the article, NOT the photos or pictures which accompany them, unless you have received permission to use those graphics. (Please contact us if you want to know about a specific graphic.)
- This is with the understanding that there is no compensation of any kind given to you or your organization for these above activities.
– Rob and Joy Delmore, owners of Peppermint Stick Learning Company Inc., Canada.