My blog posts about environmental sensitivities are often arranged topically rather than chronologically. For folks who are just beginning to learn about what EMF sensitivities are, this can be harder to follow because so much is new and complex due to the nature of trying to describe it sufficiently and answer questions of people who ask me about something related to it.
One suggestion given to me was to have a specific page where I put down some sort of order which might make it easier to follow if you are brand new to these concepts. Thus, the reason for this page. I hope it helps. 🙂
EMF and MCS are not the main focus of this website but I have a section of my “Encouragemints” blog currently for it. Someday, I might move this sort of stuff to a different website.
“Environmental sensitivities” is a very real and complicated-to-manage-well-in-today’s-world situation. Our family deals with a number of things regularly. I (the main author of this website) live with both electromagnetic frequency sensitivity (to RF-EMF, EF-EMF, and MF-EMF) and multi-chemical sensitivities (MCS) and I blog about it on occasion to help people understand more about real life with it and to be an encouragement to the growing number of people who are becoming especially sensitive to man-made products. For our family, we choose to have a simpler, more homesteading type of lifestyle and plan to move to a geographical area where there is less cell radiation overall. I share some of this journey publicly on this website.
Here is a reasonable order to read about this part of our website:
- “About Joy”: This is a general overview of who I am and what I do.
- My EMF Story As It Began: This is a general overview of how we discovered this in October 2017 plus a downloadable printable brochure that I offer in public to the inquisitive people I meet (e.g. when I’m out shopping or at appointments). I now often look different in public when I wear shielded clothing and a special headnet to protect my eyes and face from getting burned from cell radiation. (Yes, I still look like a normal mom when I’m working at home.) I have a much longer story which I’m adding to as we figure out more details of the present and past decades but it is not available online at present. For now, this brochure and the rest of the blogs will tell the generalities of things.
- EMF Sensitivity – Management of the Bucket Part 1: This post explains environmental sensitivities in the analogy of a bucket that gets filled up. This analogy helps people of all ages to understand things a lot better.
After reading the above posts, you might further be interested in reading these:
- EMF Sensitivity – Management of the Bucket Part 2: This post is generally about how NOT to manage environmental sensitivities. It includes my responses to the popular suggestions and why they aren’t a good idea. There is another brochure on that post.
- EMF Sensitivity – Management of the Bucket Part 3: Stress Reduction
- Measuring Tools and Building Biology for a House: This post was written because some people who talk with us about our situation want to know numerical values and how they might be able to get their own home environment tested.
- Homeschoolers and Wireless: Is it Wise in the Long Term? This post is my challenge for other families to consider the dangers of wireless technology since it not only can impact sleep quality (e.g. of babies, teens, any age), other symptoms such as digestive issues, muscle issues, headaches, skin issues, eyesight, but also can be a significant factor in some cancers developing 10-15 years after exposures. Some people are trying to get wireless out of the public school systems (various countries). As homeschoolers, we have the control over that aspect in our own homes and so we can make those choices quite easily in education. Will we?
- With Love: This was a post I wrote around Christmas-time while staying back from church. Our church turns off their wifi and asks people to put their cell phones on airplane mode or off, however, our community added a very strong cell tower(s) on our route so I face limitations as to “how” and “how often” I can get to where I want to go, especially in winter when time spent outdoors is also shorter than the warmer months of the year and I’m healing slower from exposures. (A house with less electricity for me should make a significant difference to my tolerance levels. Yes, some people are “this” sensitive and I am one of those.) This post comes from a bit of my real life experiences with it.
- EMF Sensitivity – Is it a Disease (or Disorder) to Be Healed From?: (or a similar title) This post was written because one of the first responses from “normal” people (who don’t suffer immediate effects of cell phones, etc.) is that they hope for a “cure” for my “sickness” without realizing that the problem is really an injury and that my body is actually doing something quite good in warning of something harmful in my environment. Bottom-line is that I’m actually thankful my body warns me so that I can take steps to minimize long-term damage and it is motivating to improve habits – both mine and those who learn from my story. Yes, of course, I want to be healed from these injuries but I don’t desire to get a body that has no warning system. You might have to really put on your “thinking cap” to read this post because environmental sensitivities to man-made products like cell phones aren’t what a lot of people think. It isn’t the same as environmental sensitivities to natural things like insects or peanuts. I believe that there is a real danger that exists for the general public and sensitive people like myself are really like canaries in a coal mine as case studies for others to learn from.
Other post titles will be added below as I end up writing them.
Real Life with Joy at Church – attending and serving in a church setting (with environmental sensitivities)
EMF Sensitivity – How Come?! (some guesses as to what might have shrunk my bucket)
I do welcome questions via e-mail if there is something that isn’t answered and you wonder about or if something needs to be clarified. Please understand that I truly can’t answer everything and that it could take a long time to get a reply. But it helps me to know about what to blog about sometimes. Thanks for your interest!