By continuing to use this website, you are agreeing to the following statements.
And if you download any of our electronic resources (e.g. e-books), you are also agreeing to our End-User License Agreement which can be viewed by clicking here.
- Who can have an account or purchase from us:
- You need to be 18 years of age or older to order products from our website.
- User accounts can be terminated in case of abuses or at our sole discretion.
- Prices and Availability:
- Price and availability of products are subject to change without notice on our website.
- If it changes during the process of your order with us, all changes will be confirmed with you before shipping anything to you. (Example : If something is out-of-stock plus unavailable from our suppliers. Example 2: If an order has to be cancelled. )
- All prices are listed in Canadian currency.
- If there is a current sale with a coupon code, only one coupon code may be used to give a discounted price for that purchase. (To be notified of upcoming sales, please consider subscribing to our newsletter and/or attending conferences we are advertising at.)
- We reserve the right to cancel orders from outside of Canada and the United States of America at our discretion. We do recognize that people may wish to order from us and have us ship items beyond our country or “close neighbour”. If you are one of those people, please e-mail us directly so that we can decide if there is a reasonable shipping arrangement for everyone involved. We have shipped overseas before but it is not a main focus of our business. And purchasing our e-books worldwide is still a possible option for you (depending on import or tax laws) because there is no shipping involved with those products.
- At our sole discretion, we reserve the right to cancel any order that is unreasonable in quantity or anything else that makes it look unreasonable. This includes the right at our sole discretion to cancel orders to some countries outside of North America.
- Acceptable Payments:
- Full payment must be received before your parcel is shipped.
- Online Orders: You may use Paypal or e-transfer.
- Other Types of Orders: If you “snail mail” an order and enclosed a cheque or postal money order to cover the cost, that is fine. Please remember to add any applicable taxes and shipping. If you phone-in or send-in an order by e-mail or purchase items in-person, then you will either receive a confirmation e-mail or we will talk person-to-person. Cheques are to be made payable to Peppermint Stick Learning Company Inc. NSF (“not-sufficient-funds”) cheques will result in a $45.00 extra charge. Cash is also accepted if paid in-person at events. (Please do not send cash in the mail.)
- Returns and Refunds:
Most people are very pleased with our products. In our 10 + years of business, to my recollection, we have only had three returns/refunds to handle. However, we need to put our current policy in writing here:
- There are NO REFUNDS for orders outside of Canada. (We feel this is reasonable because of the larger shipping costs involved.)
- There are NO REFUNDS for damaged or “used” products. We cannot refund items with a seal broken or if it has been shrink-wrapped and opened (unless it is defective, in which case, we would do our best to replace it with a similar item). This would include items such as opened stickers, CDs and DVDs, as well as a few textbooks that are shrink-wrapped by the supplier. Please note that when any shrink-wrap is removed, the item is considered “used”. We also cannot refund items returned in a condition that most publishers consider not re-saleable…“Re-saleable condition” means things like without writing on the pages, without “dog-earing”, and without the binding being flattened open as if to photocopy.
- There are NO REFUNDS on clearance/discontinued products. Those are clearance items purchased directly from us (not online).
- There are NO REFUNDS on any e-book due to the nature of the product.
- There are NO PARTIAL REFUNDS. “Bundles” of books are considered as a “single item” even though they contain a number of book titles. If you are returning a bundle for a refund, the entire group of titles of that same bundle must also be returned (e.g. in re-saleable condition, not dog-eared, not opened-to-flatten as if to read together for storytime). In other words, PLEASE don’t ask us to refund half a set of books from a bundle because you decide after you receive it that you only want to keep some of the titles or you’ve read them for a week in your family like a borrowed library book. A “bundle” in business sense means 1 (one) item. If there is a specific title that somehow was damaged in shipping and needing replacement of the identical title, then of course you can send that item back and we can replace it. But otherwise, if a bundle gets returned to us, the entire bundle gets returned so that it can be sold to another customer.
- If you are in Canada and have a physical product(s) that is in resaleable condition and wish to return it for a refund, you may do so under all of the following conditions:
- Shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer unless the reason for the return is due to a defect. Please call in advance before you return it. It would be wise to insure return parcels.
- The item(s) must be returned to us within 30 days of the original shipping date of your order in order to receive full refund.
- There also is a 10% handling fee for ALL returns. This is because sometimes a supplier of ours may also charge us a handling fee to return an item to them and we have chosen not to keep everything “in-stock” since we have limited space as a home-based business.
- This refund policy may change in the future so it is always wise to contact us directly if you wish to return an item.
- Occasionally, people have the ability to see a product in-person, before purchasing. Otherwise, we do try to describe it well for you in our listing. If you have further questions about the style or approach of a particular product, please read “Our Twist” pages and check our planning guides tab. We specifically chose products that fit well with our descriptions on those pages. We have begun to put flip-through videos up on some of our products as well. If you have more specific questions after that, please feel welcome to e-mail them to me (Joy Delmore) at our regular e-mail address. I am very familiar with personally using almost all product titles that we recommend!
- Shipping Information:
Shipping costs are the responsibility of the purchaser. Please refer to the page for Ordering and Shipping Information (click here) for shipping rates.
- The contents, logo and other visual media on this website are protected by copyright laws. And that includes e-books.
No one may modify, sell, or create derivative works from resources published by Peppermint Stick Learning Company Inc. in any way, except if otherwise permitted by us in writing.
No one may use, modify, sell, or create derivative works from our logo, visuals, or related website content in any way, except if otherwise permitted us in writing.
On a note regarding the copyright (otherwise known as “the right to copy and distribute for sale or for free”) of the resources published by us, Peppermint Stick Learning Company Inc., all copyrights remain with us alone and we are the sole distributor of them worldwide. If you find our materials from any other website or social media site that do not link back to our website to actually get those resources, please inform us. (Example: We have had vendor booths at some online homeschool conferences. But these all linked back to this website to complete any purchase.) Exceptions: One other business which we made arrangements with years ago, had a business relationship with us to sell 4 of our book titles (now all are out-of-print titles) so that business would be the exception for physical books. You may find a few physical books at a used book sale.
Yes, you may, of course, “pin” a resource on social media or review our products online but please limit your review photos to no more than 5 sample pages per resource that you have used. You may NOT upload our published resources in its entirety to your website.
Distribution of Electronic-based Resources: If you own a website and wish to distribute our PSLC-published free or priced resources as a downloadable or electronically-viewed item from your website or social media group, you would need to be under a specific contract with us. If such was the situation, this section of our policy statement would be changed to reflect that. To date, we have NOT made any contracts for the distribution of our e-books or free downloadables and therefore, we remain the sole distributor for electronic items published by Peppermint Stick Learning Company Inc.. In plain English, no one else has our permission at the present time to sell or distribute our e-books as downloads or printed books, for free or for cost.
The copyrights of other resources that we distribute as resellers and that we have not published, of course, remain with those copyright holders/publishers and not Peppermint Stick Learning Company Inc.. They have the rights in how they allow their resources to be distributed.
Sometimes, other websites may wish to write a review of one of our products or our company. This is fine but we do request that you e-mail us the link to that review. We may consider posting a link back to that review in the future.
As mentioned above, you are very WELCOME to “pin” a resource on social media or review our products online but please limit your review photos to no more than 5 sample pages per resource. You may NOT upload or distribute any PSLC-published resource in its entirety unless you have permission from us to do so.
For more information about reviewing our products, please e-mail us by going through our Contact Us page here.
- Canadian laws (in the province of Nova Scotia) will govern this agreement.
We at Peppermint Stick Learning Company Inc., shall not be liable for any losses occurring as a result of you using our website, its free content or what we sell. You take full responsibility for any results of your choices in interacting with our business. We cannot guarantee that we are error-free but we do try to provide an excellent product selection and customer service. All products and services that we provide are an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” without warranties of any kind.
We are not responsible for any affiliate or third party websites that we link to. Of course, we do our best to only link to good websites which have helpful and relevant content. But you remain responsible for reading and agreeing (or disagreeing) with the Terms and Conditions or Privacy Policies of those affiliate websites or third parties.
Peppermint Stick Learning Company Inc.
P.O. Box 125
Margaree Valley, NS, Canada B0E 2C0
October 1, 2021
Here are some links you may be interested in: