An End-User License Agreement (EULA) for our electronic resources (e.g. printable e-books) is an agreement made by us and agreed upon by every purchaser of one or more of our electronic resources. This is because such a license is required to use it. By completing the purchase, the purchaser IS agreeing to all parts of our End-User License Agreement.
The policy for this license is included in each of our e-books and we are posting it here on this page as well, updated here as of May 21, 2021.
“the Company” on this page refers to Peppermint Stick Learning Company Inc. and its owners.
If there is any infringement of our EULA, the user (not the Company) is responsible to cover all required legal and other costs related to that situation.
Termination of Licensing:
The Company in its sole and absolute discretion, at any time and for any or no reason, retains the right suspend or terminate this License and the rights afforded.
Satisfaction of Products:
The products are “AS IS” which means that the Company is under no obligation whatsoever to improve or change anything in any product in order to satisfy the end user.
Limitations of Liability:
The Company will not be held responsible for any damages that arise out of the use of any of our products.
(Please note that in its context, our end user license agreement posted here is for parents and teachers, in other words, individual people. If you wish to purchase a whole school license or system-wide license, you will need to contact us directly for a different license agreement.)
Below is what our policy states for each e-book resource that we have both published and offer for sale….
The purchaser of PSLC curriculum agrees to the following:
You have purchased electronic curriculum resource files which have both a copyright and an “end-user” policy. Many publishers of educational curriculum now have an end-user policy.
Not only is breaking the copyright law and end-user policy illegal, to do so (even if you are never caught) is being a poor example to those who are watching you, such as your own children.
In “plain language”, this includes the following:
Without prior consent of the author/publisher…
- You may not e-mail these pages (in part or in whole) to anyone (e.g. your best friend). You may not make printed or electronic copies of it to distribute. You may make a back-up copy for your own use.
- You may not print off extra copies (in part or in whole) for anyone who is not directly taught by you (e.g. your sister’s children whom she is home schooling or your friend’s classroom in another school).
- You may not resell this curriculum if you are using it or have used it (e.g. at a used curriculum fair or online).
- You may not share this curriculum back and forth with another teacher (e.g. co-ownership… “I’ll use it this year, you use it next year, then I’ll use it again for my other child.”). You may however, purchase one copy and then use it as a subject taught at the same time to a group of home schooled children by the same teacher (or small team of teachers who are working together for one group).
- You may not purchase one copy for your home school association library and then share it around from family to family. You may however, purchase one copy and then use it as a subject taught at a home school association group to a classroom of children. In this sense, we consider the curriculum taught in one location by one teacher (or small team of teachers who are working together), like a single classroom situation.
- After you have finished using it, you may not give this curriculum away for free to another teacher (this includes home educating parents). It isn’t that we don’t want to help out families who do not think they can afford the purchase of new curriculum. Rather, it is a principle of honesty and fairness that we uphold in our business practices.
- You may not make derivatives (similar products) from this curriculum to sell or give away. In other words, if you develop curriculum for other people, you should use your own ideas and formatting.
Thank you for respecting the copyright and end-user policy of this product and
thank you for not encouraging stealing/unrightful ownership.
If you love working with this product, please let other people know of it
and encourage them to contact us for their own copy to use. Thank you!
We hope you enjoy the convenience of a printable e-book or product format!
– R. and J. Delmore, Peppermint Stick Learning Company Inc., 2021